Firebind Agent System Requirements
Agent Host Platform
- 64-bit Windows 7 or better or Windows Server 2008 or better
- 64-bit Mac OS X 10.8 or better
- 64-bit Linux (x86-64) or 32-bit ARM Linux (e.g. Raspberry Pi 3)
- Single core or better
- 300MB RAM
- 200MB disk space (Windows and Mac OS X), 350MB disk space (Linux)
- Internet Connectivity – the following ports must be open outbound to the Internet
- TCP ports 80 and 443 (for agent communication to Firebind and HTTP targets)
- UDP Ports 50,000 and 50,001 (for UDP streaming, latency, and jitter tests)
- Further details on connectivity are here: Agent Testing Connectivity Requirements
- Ensure the agent host machine has the proper time, preferably via regular NTP updates.
- Ensure the agent host machine is configure to not transition into sleep or hibernate mode.
- IMPORTANT – each agent will have its own agent ID. Agent IDs are unique to each agent and must never be shared between 2 agents. Since they are used to authenticate the agent with Firebind, care should be taken to keep them private.